Episode: 2 Canada West Coast
Title: Bike Tour
Broadcast: Jan 28th 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane and Scott Taylor
There are many ways to see the picturesque landscape of Canada and a gentle bike ride has got to be one of the best. Hoodoo adventure tours provide the bikes and guide for touring the countryside’s amazing food and wines.
- Hoodoo adventure tours guide Trevor and Scott along 12km of track that connects to 44 wineries along the way. The disused historical track once connecting the interior BC to the coast is now the perfect bike trail.
- The trail takes you through some spectacular scenery; it puts into perspective the size of the valley and allows you to plan your journey choosing which wineries and artisan food places you will stop at.
- First on the list is Joie Winery where Trevor and Scott try a reserve chardonnay which is French oaked with 20% new oak, this wine is made in puncheon wine barrels instead of regular barrels, the puncheons contain a larger volume of wine resulting in a larger percent of juice to wood ratio producing a lighter flavor. This wine is paired with hand crafted wood fired Bianco pizza made onsite.
- The last stop is a wine and cheese making experience at husband and wife run ‘Upper Bench Estate winery and creamery’. On offer is great reds and whites, Trevor and Scott try 2013 Cabernet Franc and 2013 Merlot that pairs beautifully with Kingcole cheese which is a handmade, semi- soft, blue surfaced ripened cheese.
- If at any point you buy too much wine or decide to stop riding Hoodoo adventures can do a pick up service- delivering you and your purchases to your hotel.
For more information:
Destination Canada URL: www.explorecanada.com.au
Air Canada URL: www.aircanada.com.au